Shropshire IASS – factsheets and resources
- Moving up to Secondary School
- Reduced Timetables
- Working with your Local Authority
- The Local Offer
- IASS Glossary of SEND Terms
- What to do if you suspect that your child has SEN & definition
- What to expect from school if your child has SEND
- SEN in Independent Schools
- What to do if you don’t agree about SEN provisions
- What is a PCP?
- Funding for Special Educational Needs in mainstream schools
- Learning Support Advisory Teacher (LSAT) assessment
- Education Psychologist assessment
- Understanding and checking your draft Education Health Care Plan (EHCP)
- Education, Health and Care Plans
- Appealing a decision about an EHCP (Education Health and Care Plans)
- Annual Review
- Personal Budgets
- Tips for virtual meetings
- Checklist when visiting schools
- Choosing a secondary school
- How to get more out of Parents’ Evening
- School do not see what I see
- Working with your child’s school
- Setting up a file for your child
Healthwatch Shropshire is the health and social care champion for people and local communities in Shropshire. They help make sure everyone gets the best from their health and social care services – and that those services are as good as they can be and work in a joined up way. Healthwatch want to understand people’s experiences and what matters most to them.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust provides community-based health services for adults in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, and some services in surrounding areas too. These range from district nursing, health visiting and running four community hospitals through to providing very specialist community care through talented and dedicated staff.
NHS choices is the official website of the National Health Service in England. Click here for information on care and support.
Change 4 Life is a good place to find ways to “help your kids stay healthy”
Meeting the needs of a child with SEND can sometimes be challenging, and you might feel that you need some extra help and support to improve things for your child and your family.
Citizens Advice Shropshire works in partnership with A4u to provide legal advice for children and young people up to age 25 on:
- Welfare benefits
- Claims and appeals
- Community care issues
- Help with form filling – PIP, DLA and ESA
For a referral to A4U please contact IASS.
Shropshire Choices – Shropshire’s website for information about adult social care in Shropshire
Shropshire’s Local Offer – includes information about Social Care for children with SEND and their families
Shropshire Family Information Service Directory – lots of information for children and young people with SEND and their families
Early Help – taking action to support a child, young person or their family as soon as a problem emerges
Compass – compass promotes early help, and is also responsible for receiving new enquiries regarding concerns for the welfare or protection of children and young people in Shropshire. Click here for their leaflet.
Transition – moving from children to adult services