Skip to content Skip to footer

Social Care

Meeting the needs of a child with SEND can sometimes be challenging, and you might feel that you need some extra help and support to improve things for your child and your family.

Citizens Advice Shropshire works in partnership with A4u to provide legal advice for children and young people up to age 25 on:

  • Welfare benefits
  • Claims and appeals
  • Community care issues
  • Advocacy
  • Help with form filling – PIP, DLA and ESA

For a referral to A4U please contact IASS.

IASS leaflets

Useful links

Shropshire Choices – Shropshire’s website for information about adult social care in Shropshire

Shropshire’s Local Offer – includes information about Social Care for children with SEND and their families

Shropshire Family Information Service Directory – lots of information for children and young people with SEND and their families

Early Help – taking action to support a child, young person or their family as soon as a problem emerges

Compass – compass promotes early help, and is also responsible for receiving new enquiries regarding concerns for the welfare or protection of children and young people in Shropshire. Click here for their leaflet.

Transition – moving from children to adult services