How we deal with complaints

If you are unsatisfied, please make a complaintYour right to complain

Every year Citizens Advice Shropshire helps thousands of people. However, every so often someone comes away from a bureau feeling unhappy. Perhaps you had to wait for ages, only to find out there is very little we can do for you. Perhaps you felt that you were not treated with respect or courtesy. Perhaps our advice didn’t help – or was wrong.

Unfortunately, these things happen. We know we are not perfect – but we aim to be. That is why we have a complaints procedure. Sometimes we can put things right; sometimes we can only explain ourselves and apologise. But we do want to learn from our mistakes. What you tell us helps us to improve our service to you.

We will treat your complaint confidentially, seriously and quickly.

What can I do?

It is really important to let the bureau know that you are unhappy and to give them the chance to put things right. Don’t be afraid to speak to the manager or supervisor – she or he may be able to sort out the problem straight away.

If this does not prove satisfactory, you will need to make a formal complaint.

Please read our Complaints leaflet on how to make a formal complaint, get a copy of the leaflet by:


  • or by ringing :

01743 280019

  • or by writing to:

Citizens Advice Shropshire
Fletcher House
15, College Hill