Citizen’s Advice Shropshire: Don’t be scared to seek help with energy bills
Aleksandra our Research and Campaigns Officer spoke with Dominic Roberts from Shrorpishre Star about the impact of the new energy price cap announced by Ofgem on Friday.
The energy price cap will rise by an average 80% on 1 October 2022. For a typical household paying by direct debit, it’s now £1,971 a year, but it’s set to rise to £3,549 a year. If you’re on prepay, the price cap is currently £2,017 a year on typical use, but it’s set to rise to £3,608 a year.
She said: “We want to reassure people there is help available at any stage and we want to encourage people to come forward for support, but at the same time we are that worried without further government intervention and action from the regulator Ofgem, this will be a very desperate winter for many people.”
You can read the full article here.
If you need support:
- Call FREE Shropshire Adviceline 0808 278 7894 (Monday -Friday 10 am to 4 pm)
Textphone: 18001 0800 144 8884
- ‘Worrying about money?’ leaflet can help you quickly identify local cash first support available in Shropshire
- Shropshire Council Cost of Living Help has information on support available to Shropshire residents
- Marches Energy Agency can help if you’re worried about your energy bills
- Shropshire Larder is a community information resource bringing together a range of information that may be useful to those on a low-income