We comply with the absolute best practice when it comes to fundraising and contacting our supporters. You can opt out from our updates at any time and are under no obligation to donate to us. We do not contact individuals directly with fundraising literature.
As an independent charity we rely on grants and donations to provide our service to clients free of charge.
Grants do not cover all our expenses and are often restricted. This means they can only be used for a certain amount of time, a particular client group or a specific project. We are therefore very grateful for any donations and legacies, however small or large. You can specify if you want your gift to go to a particular bureau.
To see what difference your gift can make in people’s lives, have a look at our annual impact report.
Ways to make a donation:
- You can donate online by visiting our BT my donate page.
- you can make a donation in a collection box at your local bureau
- send a cheque to your local bureau or our registered office. If you want your gift to go to a particular bureau, please write that on the back and make the cheque paybable to Citizens Advice Shropshire. If you pay taxes in the UK, you can gift aid your donation. This means we can re-claim 25p tax for every £1 you donate. There is no extra cost to you. To help us claim Gift Aid, please fill out our Gift Aid form.
- leave a gift in your will. A legacy can be used as a reserve to tide us over when there is a temporary lack in grant funding. Or you can tell us a specific purpose you might have in mind. We would invest it in a sustainable manner to make sure our service could make the most out of it. Your legacy would help ensure that we are still here for your family and friends, and their children and grandchildren. Please contact us on our registered address for further information or have a look at the national Citizen Advice service information on leaving a legacy.
- If you want to talk to us about our funding or becoming a partner, please have a look at our funding page or our partnerships page.