Statistics and reports
National campaigns »
We record a lot of details on the issues people ask our help with. In addition we record some personal data. We use all this data in anonimous form in a number of ways:
- to inform local and national campaigns or consultations to improve policies and practices that influence people’s lives. In doing so we prevent problems from happening again and we help people we haven’t even met yet.
- to share with partner organisations so they can adjust their services and make sure public money is spent in the most efficient way. We provide for instance statistics to Shropshire’s Joint Strategic Needs Assessment, the Children’s Centres, the Health & Wellbeing board and the Shropshire Hate Crime Initiative.
- to show the impact and outcomes of our work.
Here are some of our most recent reports that you might find interesting. If you think we could help you in your work with some of our data, please contact us to discuss.
- AGM presentation Nov 2015
- CAS Annual Impact Report 2014/15
- CAS Annual Accounts 2014/15
- CAS Annual Summary Impact Report 2014/15
- CAS Annual Impact Report 2013/14
- CAS Annual figures 2013/14
- CAS First Half Year of 2013/14 in Graphs
- CAS Annual Impact Report 2012/13 – this includes a page with references
- References for CAS Annual Impact Report 2012/13 – to be used with the printed version of the report that we have sent out as publicity material
- CAS Annual figures 2012/13
- What is happening in Shropshire? – 2012/13
- Shropshire local authority dashboard 2012/13
- CAS Health & Poverty report 2012/13
- Community Legal Advice Services Partnership – Review April 2013
- CAS Hate incidents and domestic violence and discrimination issues 2012/13
- CAS Health and poverty report October 2012
Reports for Members of Parliament
- Ludlow Constituency Dashboard 2011/12
- North Shropshire Constituency Dashboard 2011/12
- Shrewsbury and Atcham Constituency Dashboard 2011/12
The national Citizens Advice service also produces: