Citizens Advice Shropshire (CAS)
Citizens Advice Shropshire is a registered charity and is part of a national network of independent CABx which give free, confidential and impartial help and advice to anyone.
Our trained volunteer advisers will:-
· listen to you and help you explain your problem
· where appropriate refer you to other agencies, or services, or to one of our own specialist case workers
· use our extensive national information system and consultancy service to give you up to date and accurate advice
· discuss your possible courses of action and their likely consequences
· offer practical help, e.g. drafting letters, telephone calls, calculating benefits, completing forms etc.
· when regulations or laws appear to treat our clients unjustly we will try to get them changed so that others do not suffer.
CAS was established in April 2004 from the merger of the bureaux in North Shropshire, Oswestry, Shrewsbury and South Shropshire. The predecessor organizations have been providers of advice to the local community for over 20 years and have helped many thousands of people to resolve their problems. The Bureau's generalist advice service is funded by Shropshire County Council as well as district, borough, town, and parish councils in the County.
On this website you can find out about CAS including how to contact us for advice and information, and volunteer opportunities in the service.
Click here to find Citizens Advice Shropshire local CAB offices
Click here to find advice online at www.adviceguide.org.uk
If you would like to comment about our service you can download our feedback form or our complaints form and return to: County Office, Citizens Advice Shropshire, 15 College Hill, Shrewsbury, SY1 1LY. (You will need a PDF reader to access these document - get one here)